Introduction of battery CB certification
CB system (IEC system for electrical product qualification test and certification) is an international system operated by IECEE. Certification bodies of IECEE member countries test the safety performance of electrical products based on IEC standards. The test results, namely, CB test report and CB test certificate, are mutually recognized by each member of IECEE. Up to now, 66 certification bodies and more than 270 CB laboratories from 51 countries have participated in the mutual accountability system. In order to meet the requirements of international trade barriers, different countries have to meet the requirements of certification. IECEE is the abbreviation of International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) organization for testing and certification of electrical products.
After the enterprise obtains the CB certificate from one of the certification bodies, due to the mutual recognition agreement, it can no longer conduct repeated tests, but only do report review and supplementary test or national difference test, which can be converted into the safety certification certificate of other member states.
Battery CB certification product range
Portable sealed secondary cells and batteries (packs) containing alkaline or non acidic electrolytes
IEC62133 test standard:
Secondary monomer batteries and batteries (packs) containing alkaline or non acidic electrolytes: Safety requirements for portable sealed secondary cell batteries and batteries (packs) used in portable devices.
Battery CB test project
1. Low rate charging
3. Temperature cycle
4. External short circuit
5. Free fall
6. Hot stamping
7. Crush the battery (front and side extrusion)
8. Low voltage test
9. Overcharge test
10. Over discharge test
High charging rate
CB certification process
1. Fill in the application form;
2. Provide product information;
3. Sending samples;
4. Test OK and submit the report to NCB;
5. Audit the report and issue the CB certificate after the report is qualified.
Advantages of CB certification
In the past, the vast majority of electronic and electrical products need to meet different laws and regulations when entering countries. It is a difficult and time-consuming process to obtain product safety certification from various countries. But now relying on the CB system, manufacturers can obtain the safety certification of 54 countries at a time, and truly realize one test to meet a variety of test requirements.
Manufacturers who have obtained the CB certificate can greatly reduce the cost, energy and time when applying for other certification.
1. The CB test report obtained by the enterprise can be easily converted into VDE, GS, GOST-R, SASO, Australia RCM and other certification marks
2. CB test report can be easily converted into CCC certification or voluntary certification
3. Obtaining CB certification is conducive to directly obtaining the approval of many countries, such as Southeast Asian countries, etc. CB certification inspection standard for battery products: iec62133:1
Single cells (cells) and batteries containing alkaline or non acidic electrolytes - Safety requirements for portable cells, batteries manufactured from them and portable applications