Introduction to UN38.3 certification
UN38.3 refers to section 38.3 of the manual of tests and criteria on the detection of lithium batteries prepared by the United Nations Committee of experts on the transport of dangerous goods.
All kinds of battery products are tested according to the safety standards of various battery manufacturers.
(1) UN38.3 test is a mandatory test to ensure that lithium batteries can be safely carried out in air and sea.
(2) Civil Aviation Administration of China has issued the specification for lithium battery air transportation to all air transport companies, which clearly requires that lithium battery must pass the laboratory approved by CNAs for UN38.3 test before air and sea transportation. Airlines must receive the lithium battery UN38.3 qualification report and transportation certification before receiving the lithium battery.
UN38.3 certified product range
UN38.3 is mainly aimed at battery products, such as: lithium ion battery (such as mobile phone battery, notebook battery, digital product battery, etc.), lithium metal battery (such as iron lithium battery, button battery), nickel hydrogen / nickel cadmium battery, alkaline battery, large lithium power battery, lead-acid storage battery, other kinds of chemical batteries and cells.
Application data of lithium battery UN38.3 certification test
1. Fill in the application form
2. Power of attorney, lithium battery transportation statement and accompanying documents
3. Battery Specification
4. Packaging picture (picture of outer package, picture of opening outer package, picture of inner package)
5. Test sample (need two products with product capacity, watt hour, voltage and other parameters printed on it)
6. Cell specification
UN38.3 test items
1. Height simulation
2. Temperature test
5. External short circuit
6. Impact or crush
8. Forced discharge
9. Drop test report
China Accreditation of Lianke