As we all know, Britain has left Europe and is in the transition period of brexit, which will end at the end of 2020. On September 1, 2020, the UK Department of business, energy and industry strategy officially released the guidance document for ukca logo, From January 1, 2021, the ukca (UK conformity assessed) logo will become the new UK product identification. Most of the products covered by CE mark need to be converted to or applied for ukca mark after brexit to enter the UK market.
It should be noted that Northern Ireland is not included and the ukca logo is only applicable to Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales). The rules require that the CE mark, which is the same as the ukca mark, can continue to be used until January 1, 2022, but the UK government encourages manufacturers to switch to the ukca mark as soon as possible.
01 Determine if ukca is required sign
Most of the products that need CE mark at present will also belong to the use scope of ukca mark. It will also be applied to aerosol products. From January 1, 2021, those products that need CE mark in EU market need ukca mark, manufacturer's declaration of conformity and complete conformity assessment technical documents to enter the UK market. The requirements of DOC (UK declaration of conformity) of ukca are also equivalent to the declaration of conformity of EU CE mark, but the corresponding British BS standard should be used on the DOC and the UK regulations should be declared.
As a transitional period, products with the same technical requirements and marking rules of UK and EU can still accept CE mark before January 1, 2022. However, if the CE marking rules of the products are changed during this period, the CE marks made according to the new EU rules will not be accepted by the British market. Therefore, it is recommended to use ukca logo as soon as possible.
02 When to use ukca sign
1. If your product has been sold in EU countries (or the UK) before January 1, 2021, no treatment is required.
2. Products considered to be within the scope of mandatory regulatory control need to have the UK conformity assessment (ukca) mark in order to enter the UK market, and must contact a third party body recognized by the UK.
3. For specific goods, the UK will still accept the CE mark before January 1, 2022. In order to enter the EU market, products deemed to be within the scope of mandatory regulatory control need to have CE mark before January 1, 2021, and must contact the third-party organizations designated by the 27 EU countries.
4. Products with CE mark can still be sold in the UK as long as the product has ukca mark and complies with the relevant UK rules. The ukca mark cannot be used alone for products placed on the Northern Ireland market. Such products must be CE marked or UK (Ni) marked.
5. Before January 1, 2021, i.e. before the end of the transition period, the manufacturer shall transfer the certification from the third party designated agency of EU-27 or from the third party designated agency of the United Kingdom. The CE mark is only valid in areas where the UK and EU test rules are consistent. If the EU changes its rules and the product is CE certified according to the new rules, even if there is CE certification, it will not be sold in the UK before January 1, 2022.
03 UKCA Marking requirements
one 、UKCA general requirements
·Ukca logo can only be attached to the product as the manufacturer or its authorized representative (where permitted by relevant laws);
·When affixing ukca logo, the manufacturer shall be fully responsible for the product's compliance with relevant regulations;
·The manufacturer must only use the ukca mark to prove that the product complies with the relevant UK regulations;
·The manufacturer shall not place any mark on a third party that may misunderstand the meaning or form of the ukca logo;
·The manufacturer shall not attach other marks on the products that affect the visibility, readability or meaning of the ukca logo;
·Ukca marks cannot be placed on products unless there is a specific requirement in the legislation.
two , future use of markers in the UK
From January 1, 2022, the CE mark will not be recognized in the UK. However, products with the CE mark can still be sold in the UK as long as they have the ukca mark and comply with the relevant British regulations.
three Technical document requirements:
·From January 1, 2021, those products that need CE mark in EU market need ukca mark, manufacturer's declaration of conformity and complete conformity assessment technical documents to enter the UK market.
·The requirements of DOC (UK declaration of conformity) of ukca are also equivalent to the declaration of conformity of EU CE mark, but the corresponding British BS standard should be used on the DOC and the UK regulations should be declared.
·After January 1, 2021, British Importers need to ensure that the products entering the UK market have the conformity assessment technical documents and DOC, the company name, address and contact information identifying the British importer are on the products, and the importers are required to hold and keep the manufacturer's doc for 10 years.
four 、UKCA Sign pasting requirements
Attach ukca logo: ukca logo should be placed on the product, but in some cases, it can also be placed on the package, user manual or other relevant documents. The specific use rules depend on the specific regulations applicable to the product.
five 、UKCA Service time and image requirements of signs
UKCA Time requirement of signs
Prior to January 1, 2023, the ukca mark and the relevant information of importers and manufacturers may be marked on the product body or on the documents accompanying the product, except for products subject to special rules, After January 1, 2023, it must be permanently pasted on the product body.
UKCA Image requirements for signs
·The ukca must be enlarged according to the specified scale;
·The height of ukca logo shall be at least 5mm, unless otherwise specified by relevant regulations;
·Ukca logo must be easy to identify, clear and visible, with high durability.
04 UKCA Logo covers product range
? recreational craft and personal watercraft
Simple pressure vessels
Non automatic weighing instruments
? ATEX explosion protection directive
Personal protective equipment
Ecosign ecological design
Low voltage electrical equipment
Restriction of hazardous substances
UKCA The logo covers the product, but there are some special rules: